Tuesday, May 01, 2007

More Americans in Zagreb

The whole last week a group of some 14 Americans came to visit Zagreb. About half of them are from Birmingham and the rest from all other parts of the country but it seems that they all know each other through UAB. Majority of them radiologists. They went to visit castles one day, got a tour of the old town, went to national park Plitvice, and then a couple of days to Dubrovnik. I managed to get together with them over dinner one night. It was really late already. I left at 9:00pm and managed to find them even though they were in a part of town which was difficult to access by car. I didn't want to walk as it was late and I was by myself. Chris stayed home with the kids. We stayed out until after midnight when the restaurant closed. They seemed to really enjoy the stay. We had great fun over dinner talking about all sorts of things. We knew one couple as their daughter went to daycare with Ivor. Just so you know that Croatia makes a great place to vacation. :) Ann Marie, my sister in law is next. She'll be here in 2 weeks. Then Doug, a friend of mine, in 4 weeks. Heard a rumor that Noel, a friend and colleague might visit too sometime in June. Who's next? Any takers. You're missing out. :)

1 comment:

  1. I just ordered my tickets so I'm good to go! Yea, Croatia!

    ReplyDelete