Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Girlfriend had shopping karma

This weekend I was a grateful recipient of good shopping karma. I must say that it was fun and wish if it happened all the time.

Went to the mall to get some groceries. Here every mall has a large grocery store as a part of it. How handy. It was Sunday. Apparently, they stopped charging for parking on Sunday. I apparently didn't know about it so it was a nice surprise. Parking here is paid parking in most areas, parking garages especially. Went in and out in a jiffy.

Then went to another store, no waiting at the register, parking right at the door.

As I was driving to the third store (I was running a lot of errands, mind you), I realized that every traffic light that I could recall going through was green. Now I was on a roll. I felt good and was really in the mood to spend some money now. :) At the third, and final stop, I met some friends at the checkout. Talked to them for a bit, so I got held up a few minutes. Store was remodeled and freshly reopened so they were running a customer appreciation game. I honestly didn't even know what it was until my friends pointed it out. Customers took their shopping carts through a makeshift door at the exit. If a bell went off, you got the entire purchase for free. I went through, and, what do you know, the bells went off so I got the purchase for free. did I wish then that I had listen to my "buy more stuff" instinct when I was going through the store. Either way, it was great and it totally made my day.

This was the first time ever that the universe has bestowed upon me such a positive shopping experience. I am not putting down that special feeling when I find perfect shoes or piece of clothing at a bargain price. This was different though. Heck, I got paid to shop that day.

I am ready for another day like that. Just doubt it'll happen any time soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment