Monday, December 10, 2007

Computer woes

Today, randomly, my computer shut down while I was working and I can't revive it. It is stuck trying to access my DVD drive instead of booting up. Needless to say, that's more than a nuisance to me as I use my computer to make a living. I make backups about once a week which means that I could potentially lose files and work since my last backup which would indeed be exceedingly unpleasant. Especially since one of the projects I completed was very difficult and I just got it done this morning. I need to call tech support and hope that they can help me. If I need to send my computer in to be serviced, situation will get even worse and the likelyhood of losing my files will be even higher.

Anyway, instead of spending time with the tech support, I've been waiting for over an hour for a work meeting. It is nearly midnight here and I am just waiting and stressing out. It's not the end of the world but I could think of a lot more pleasant things to do than trying to salvage my highly customized and overly expensive work computer.

Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it gets better!
    Have you tried your drive in another computer?

    ReplyDelete