Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Construction update


Check it out! Things are shaping up. We're still some 2-3 months away from getting the keys (at least) but at least the walls are up and the place looks great. I've circled the two floors that will be ours (click on the photo to enlarge). We've made our tile selections and the tile has been delivered. Hopefully, they'll start applying it soon. We've tried to make interesting choices so one of the bathrooms has light and dark gray tile. Maybe I shouldn't brag, but I designed it myself. If it turns out bad, then I will retract this statement. Otherwise, I'll post some pictures and brag some more. :) The fun part is that it will all be a surprise for Chris. That means, no interior pictures until Chris is back in Croatia. Sure enough he helped pick out just about everything, but there is still room for me to come up with creative ways to get it all together. He agreed that I could surprise him. Can't wait until the gray bathroom tile is up. We also still have to finish up the kitchen layout, materials and appliances selections. That part we're doing on our own as kitchen cabinets here are considered furnishings, not a part of the apartment. It's all great until it comes time to pay but we're trying not to let that spoil the fun. Now remains the electrical, heating, flooring and tile, drywall ceilings on the top floor, balcony fencing, facade... Still a lot to do but, nevertheless, the end is nigh. Thankfully. We've moved three times in the last year and a half and have one more move to look forward to. I think we're ready to have a home again and to be able to finally unpack and settle down.

No comments:

Post a Comment